QB Issue Resolution:
You can add a multiple reimbursement pay type to an employee and allocate a specific account on it. I can walk you through on how to set this up.
First, let’s add the reimbursement type to each employee.
- Go to the Employees or Workers menu.
- Choose the Employees tab.
- Double-click on each employee’s name to edit its pay information.
- Click the Pencil Icon beside Pay column.
- Under How much do you pay Employee? section, click the Pencil Icon.
- Click the Add Reimbursed Pay Type link under Even more ways to pay Employee section.
- Once added, ensure to put a check mark on all the reimbursement pay types applicable to your employees.
- Repeat the same process to all employees.
You can check this article for more detailed information: Create a reimbursement pay type in Online Payroll.
Once completed, assign a specific expense account to each reimbursement pay type. Here’s how:
- Go to the Gear Icon.
- Choose Payroll Settings.
- Select the Preferences tab.
- Click Accounting Preferences.
- In the Wage Expense Account section, choose I use different accounts for different wages.
- Look for the Reimbursement Pay types that you’ve set up earlier.
- Click the drop-down menu to choose the expense account for each payment type.
For more detailed steps, you may refer to these articles:
Also, I’ve attached some articles for your reference in running payroll:
Resolution for Issue 'Allocating employee reimbursement to expense accounts' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Allocating employee reimbursement to expense accounts: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for accounting preferences
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for accounting preferences [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: