QB Issue Resolution:
I can provide clarification on how to record your transactions in QuickBooks Online.
First off, you can create an Adjustment note when the invoice amount is lesser than the delayed credit. From there, you can link the invoice to the Adjustment note to apply the charge.
When it comes to applying a delayed credit into an invoice in QuickBooks Online AU, the invoice amount should be greater than the delayed credit amount.
To enter an apply the adjustment note, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Click the Plus icon at the top, then select Adjustment note.
- Enter the necessary information, then click Save and close.
- To apply the adjustment, click the Plus icon at the top again.
- Select Receive Payment.
- Complete the fields.
- Under Credits, select the Adjustment Note.
- Verify that the total to pay (if any) is correct after applying the Adjustment Note.
- Click Save and close.
As for your other questions, if your customer wanted a refund, kindly make sure that adjustment note has not been entered yet to avoid a double refund.
To give you a better view about this processes, you can reference this articles:
As always, you can contact our QuickBooks Support team if you need assistance with the steps. They’ll be able to pull up your account in a secure environment and help you navigate using one of their tools like screen sharing.
To reach them, here’s how:
- Click this link https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_AU/contact.
- Choose the QuickBooks Product.
- On the Contact Us page, select a topic.
- Click on Get Phone Number button to see the support number.
Resolution for Issue 'Applying a credit to a sales Invoice' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Applying a credit to a sales Invoice: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Quickbooks product
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Quickbooks product [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: