QB Issue Resolution:
Yes, you can deduct the cost of inventory for your sample items using the Inventory Qty Adjustment option. This helps match what you actually have in stock.
Here are the steps:
- Click the Plus (+) icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Under Other, click Inventory Qty Adjustment.
- Enter the Adjustment date, and select the Inventory adjustment account. Note: If you don’t have an account for these items, you can create an expense account (for losses) and an income account (for gains) by clicking Add New. Then, proceed with the inventory adjustment.
- Select the product under the Product column.
- Enter the New Quantity or Change in Quantity.
- Select Save or Save and Close.
You can also check this article for the other way of editing the inventory item: How to adjust inventory quantity on hand.
Resolution for Issue 'Can I deduct the cost of inventory items I keep as test samples?Example: if I order bath bombs I use one so I can market it better and make sure there aren’t any issues. I’m new to Quickbooks and just recently opened my own business so I apologize if this is a simple answer and I’m sorry if I’m not explaining it well.' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Can I deduct the cost of inventory items I keep as test samples?Example: if I order bath bombs I use one so I can market it better and make sure there aren’t any issues. I’m new to Quickbooks and just recently opened my own business so I apologize if this is a simple answer and I’m sorry if I’m not explaining it well.: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Inventory
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Inventory [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: