QB Issue Resolution:
You’ll be glad to know that you can change your checking account opening balance with few steps away. It’s really easy!
You can either find its entry in the Register to edit it or run an Account QuickReport.
- Choose the Gear icon and click Chart of Accounts.
- Select the Checking account.
- Under action column, click the drop-down arrow and click Run Report.
- Change Transaction Date to All Dates and click Run Report.
- Find the Deposit posted at the earliest date with a Memo/Description of Opening Balance.
- Click on the Entry to open it. This will take you to the Bank Deposit.
- Change the Amount and/or date.
- Click Save.
You can check the link for more details about changing bank account opening balance: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1146114
Resolution for Issue 'Checking account was started in May 2016. Transactions from Jan-April were then uploaded. How can the Opening Balance Equity be changed to match the Jan 2016 statement?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Checking account was started in May 2016. Transactions from Jan-April were then uploaded. How can the Opening Balance Equity be changed to match the Jan 2016 statement?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Account QuickReport
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Account QuickReport [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: