QB Issue Resolution:
This article will give tips and steps on how to enter and delete transactions from QuickBooks in a more efficient way. Before following any of the steps provided in this article, it is a must to create a backup of your company file
Enter transactions by batch
- QuickBooks 2014 & 2015 Accountant Edition and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 14.0 & 15.0 Accountant editions allow batch entry of Checks, Deposits, Credit Card Charges/Credits, Invoices, Credit Memos, Bills, and Bill Credits.
- To export transactions from another company file in a form that can be imported using this feature, see the article copy multiple transactions from one company file to another
Enter a batch of transactions into a company file:
- From the Accountant menu, choose Batch Enter Transactions.
- Click on the Transaction Type from the drop down arrow. Select Checks, Deposits, Credit Card Charges & Credits, Invoices & Credit Memos, or Bills & Bill Credits.
- Select the appropriate bank account from the drop down arrow or select New.
- Open the spreadsheet containing the transactions to paste into QuickBooks.
- Arrange the columns in your spreadsheet to match the column order in the QuickBooks Batch Enter Transactions screen.
- Highlight the transactional information, right click on it and select Copy.
- In the Batch Enter Transactions screen in QuickBooks, right click the first date field in the list and select Paste.
- Note: If you would like the box “Print Later” to be checked so that checks will automatically be added to the print queue, enter “To Print” for their check numbers.
- The information from the spreadsheet displays in the Batch Enter Transactions screen.
- Click on the name in red. Click on Quick Add/Set up.
- Continue adding all Payee’s in red, click Save Transactions then Yes to save.
- A window displays the number of transactions saved. Click OK to finish the import.
As well as adding multiple transactions which offset to one account, you can also add one or more additional split lines to a single transaction.
- Enter the first line of the transaction on the Batch Enter Transactions screen.
- Click the Split button at the bottom of the window.
- Enter the required information for each split on a separate line.
- Click OK to return to the main Batch Enter transactions window.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for each transaction with multiple split lines.
Alternatively, you may wish to separate one transaction into two or more separate transactions with the same transaction number on the original spreadsheet. This will avoid the need for manual data entry.
Adding a Class:
- For a class to remain associated with an item on a transaction, the item must be selected prior to selecting the class. This applies to all forms and transaction entries.
Note: If a Class is selected prior to an Item, the Class will be removed when the Item is selected
Delete Transactions by batch
You can only delete one transaction at a time in QuickBooks. This section will give you tips to help you eliminate transactions more efficiently.
QuickBooks Accountant 2016 and QuickBoosk Enterprise Solutions 2016:
- Use Batch Delete/Void Transactions feature to delete bills, invoices and checks.
- If you need to delete other transaction types, follow the steps bellow.
QuickBooks Pro/ Premier 2016, Enterprise Solutions 2015 and earlier:
- Press Ctrl+D to delete transactions more quickly.
- Delete transactions more quickly in the account register; for example, you can Invoices through the Accounts Receivable register. Press Ctrl+D then Enter to move quickly through the register.
- You can visit the Intuit Marketplace for a third party application that can remove your unwanted transactions at once.
- You can uncheck Warn when deleting a transaction or unused list item in the My Preferences tab of the General preferences to delete transactions by only clicking Ctrl+D.
Resolution for Issue 'Enter and delete transactions in QuickBooks by batch' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Enter and delete transactions in QuickBooks by batch: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for and Bill Credits.
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for and Bill Credits. [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: