QB Issue Resolution:
To prevent this error when running payroll, let’s check the employee’s profile by generating a report. This will help us identify the payroll items showing in the “Other tab” which is causing the FICA to come up four times on the paycheck.
To pull up a report, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to Reports then select Employees & Payroll.
- Select Employee Withholding.
- Click the Customize Report button at the top left of the page.
- Under the Display tab, uncheck all other columns.
- Select Local Tax 1, Local Tax 2, and Local Tax 3 (depends on the number of local taxes added per employee).
- Double-click on the payroll item that is showing under the local tax column to open the employee profile.
- Click on the Payroll Info tab.
- Click on the Taxes button.
- Go to the Other tab and remove other FICA showing in the list.
Then, delete and recreate the paychecks if you have not sent it as Direct Deposit (DD) to your employee. Otherwise, you can make a payroll liability adjustment to correct the tax amount.
Here’s how to make a payroll adjustment:
- Go to the Employee menu, and then select Payroll Taxes and Liabilities.
- Select Adjust Payroll Liabilities.
- Enter the Date and Effective Date.
- In the Adjustment is for area, select the Employee radio button.
- Select the employee’s name.
- Under Taxes and Liabilities, select the payroll items.
- Enter a negative amount to reduce the amount and/or Wage Base.
For additional information, you can refer to this article: Edit incorrect payroll item used on paychecks.
Resolution for Issue 'FICA Withholding error – one employee only had a total of four FICA withholdings [employee only] on her paycheck. I found the error because the company portion was ok.' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
FICA Withholding error – one employee only had a total of four FICA withholdings [employee only] on her paycheck. I found the error because the company portion was ok.: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Company
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Company [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: