QB Issue Resolution:
There are two ways to apply a discount to invoices, and it’s up to you on how you would like to record it.
First option: enable discount in accounts and settings, so you can apply the discount in the invoice screen.
- Navigate to the Gear Icon, then Account and Settings.
- Select Sales on the left menu.
- Under Sales form content, tick on Discount, and Save.
Now when you create a new invoice, there will be a discount line showing in the invoice, where you can put in discount percent or a fixed value.
Second option: Create a non-inventory item called Discount and apply that to an invoice line.
- Under the Sales screen, select Products and Services on the top tab.
- Add a Non-Inventory item, named Discount.
- Under the sales price/rate, write “-0.2” (in the case of a 20% discount), tax Out of Scope, and Save.
- Now navigate to the invoice, and add a line item for the Discount item.
- In the Qty section, change it to the amount of the invoice item that you want to discount. For example, if the item had a full price of $150, enter the Qty as 150.
This will create a line item in the invoice of the discount, and you can update the Description accordingly to reflect a discount.
Resolution for Issue 'Hi How do you apply a commission or discount in invoices I would like to put a 20% discount on, but can”t make it work?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Hi How do you apply a commission or discount in invoices I would like to put a 20% discount on, but can”t make it work?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Account and Settings
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Account and Settings [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: