QB Issue Resolution:
To show the expense category in the Profit & Loss report, you’ll need to create each expense category and name it respectively.
- Go to the Gear icon, then Chart of Accounts.
- Click New. In the Account Type drop-down, select the Expense or Other Expense.
- In the Detail Type drop-down, select the closest detail that explains the expense.
- Enter the name of the account in Name field. (I.E.marketing,office,telecommunication,financing.)
- Click Save and Close.
To add accounts under the financing/main expenses, please see the steps below:
- Follow the procedure above from step 1 -4 to create a sub-account.
- Select the Is sub-account checkbox.
- Click the drop-down arrow and choose the sub-account’s parent account.
Resolution for Issue 'How can I categorize expenses to be shown in profit&loss report for example in 4 different categories? i.e marketing,office,telecommunication,financing.' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
How can I categorize expenses to be shown in profit&loss report for example in 4 different categories? i.e marketing,office,telecommunication,financing.: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Chart of Accounts
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Chart of Accounts [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: