QB Issue Resolution:
It’s nice to have you here in the Community. I can share some insights on adding tips in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
Adding tips to invoices is currently unavailable in QuickBooks Online (QBO). The option to add tips is commonly done in Sales Receipts. However, we can record a tip as an overpayment to your invoices. First, we’ll have to receive a payment from your invoice.
Let me guide you through the whole process of doing this:
- Locate the invoice and click Receive payment button.
- Enter the necessary information and choose Undeposited Funds as your Deposit to account.
- Enter the amount and click Save and close.
Once done, we can create a Bank Deposit and apply the tip from the ACCOUNT field.
- Click the Plus icon.
- Select Bank Deposit.
- Enter the bank account in the Account field.
- Enter the deposit date and go to the Select the payments included in this deposit section.
- Select the invoice payment.
- From the Add funds to this deposit section, enter the customer name in the RECEIVED FROM column.
- Enter the tip account in the ACCOUNT field and the tip amount in the AMOUNT field.
- Click Save and close.
As an additional resource, you may find this article about sharing tips with your team handy for future reference.
Resolution for Issue 'How do I add an option on my invoices for a customer to add a post tax tip/gratuity?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
How do I add an option on my invoices for a customer to add a post tax tip/gratuity?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Customer
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Customer [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: