QB Issue Resolution:
It’s easy to apply a credit memo to a customer’s invoice, let me show you.
Have you created the credit memo in QuickBooks? If not, then you can create a credit memo first, and then apply it later on to the customer’s invoice.
Here’s how you can create the credit memo:
- Click the Plus (+) icon.
- Select Credit Memo.
- Choose the customer name.
- Enter the Credit Memo Date.
- Fill in the Service Date, Product/Service, and Amount fields. You may also fill in any other fields (Description, QTY, Rate) if necessary.
- Click Save and close.
However, if you already created the credit memo, you may proceed in applying it to the invoice.
- Click Sales in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Customers tab.
- Locate and click the customer’s name.
- Locate the invoice you want to apply the credit to and click Receive payment.
- In the Receive Payment window, enter the Payment date, Payment method, Reference no. (if necessary) and the Deposit to account.
- In the Outstanding Transactions section, make sure that the correct invoice is selected.
- In the Credits section, make sure the correct credit memo is selected.
- Click Save and close.
You can also check this article for more information:
There you go! You will be all set in applying the credit to your customer’s invoice after following these steps.
Resolution for Issue 'How do I apply a credit memo to a customer’s invoice' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
How do I apply a credit memo to a customer’s invoice: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for apply a credit memo
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for apply a credit memo [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: