QB Issue Resolution:
To zero out and apply credit to this invoice, we can do the following:
1. Go to Customer Center
2. Create Credit Memos/Refunds to the said customer
3. Make sure the amount you entered is the same amount of the total billing
4. The Available Credit window will open up
5. On this window, choose the first option says “Retain as an available credit” then click Ok
6. On Receive Payments window, choose the customer that paid you in half or partially, on the Payment column just enter the amount he/she paid you
7. Should the customer wants to settle the remaining balance, just go to the Receive Payments and enter the amount he/she needs to pay
Resolution for Issue 'How do I apply a credit to an invoice to zero it out?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
How do I apply a credit to an invoice to zero it out?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Clear Invoice
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Clear Invoice [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: