QB Issue Resolution:

You can record it as an expense transaction, then post it under the VAT Suspense account.


Here’s how:

  1. Click the Plus sign (+) icon.
  2. Choose Expense.
  3. Fill in the necessary fields.
  4. Click Save and close.

You can check the screenshot below.


Resolution for Issue 'How do I categorise a payment to HMRC for our VAT liabilities?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.

How do I categorise a payment to HMRC for our VAT liabilities?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.

Support for HMRC
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!

Error Recovery for HMRC [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.

Get 50% off Quickbooks Online

Click Here for 50% off!

Additional Support Options: