QB Issue Resolution:
In order to track the customer/job as expense, you’ll need to use the Billable Expenses feature. The first thing you’ll need to do is turn on the feature.
- Go to the Gear icon at the top.
- Click on Account and Settings.
- Select Expenses on the left panel.
- Click on the Pencil icon for Bills and expenses.
- Ensure that the following items are checked:
- Show Items table on expense and purchase forms
- Track expenses and items by customer
- Make expenses and items billable
- Uncheck the box to Track billable expenses and items as income.
- Click on Save and Done.
Once done, you’ll need to record the expense as billable. Let me walk you through the process:
- Click on the Plus sign (+) icon.
- Choose Expense.
- Fill in the necessary fields and make sure to mark the box for Billable.
- Enter the invoice number in the Memo field.
- Then click on Save and close or Save and new.
Now, let’s add the billable expenses to the invoice. You’ll find the detailed instructions by clicking on this link and going directly to the Add billable expenses to invoices section: Enter billable expenses by job.
From the Invoice page, scroll to the bottom and select Attachments. Then browse and select the document you want to attach.
That’ll do it. The receipt is already attached to the transaction.
Resolution for Issue 'how do I charge a receipt to a customer or job? the receipt was scan from Neat scanner' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
how do I charge a receipt to a customer or job? the receipt was scan from Neat scanner: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Account and Settings
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Account and Settings [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: