QB Issue Resolution:
If it is a manual paycheck you can delete the check and recreate an advance paycheck then create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item.
To recreate advance paycheck, here’s how:
- Click Lists then hit Payroll Item List.
- At the lower left of the Payroll Item List, click Payroll Item then New.
- Select EZ Setup, and click Next.
- Select Other Addition for the item type, and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen set-up, which will ask you a series of questions based on the item type. (On the right side of each screen there are help topics that can assist you with the setup.) When you click Finish, the Payroll Setup window closes, and a blank screen is displayed in QuickBooks Desktop.
You can check the create Employee Advances And Repayments In QuickBooks Desktop article for details.
After then, you can create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item. Please follow this article for more information on how to create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
If it’s a direct deposit, you can void the transmitted transaction as long as it is still in PENDING status and recreate a normal paycheck to pay the employee.
Be sure it is still before 5 pm PT at least 2 business days prior to the paycheck date before voiding. Beyond this time, the direct deposit funds can’t be stopped from crediting the employee’s bank account. Note that voiding a direct deposit will only void out the taxes and direct deposit amount, not direct deposit transmission fees.
Void the transmitted direct deposit paycheck.
If the status is not Pending anymore you’ll need to call our support team to give you assistance.
Here’s how to contact them:
- Follow this link, https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/.
- Click the Payroll button.
- Select the View Contact Info button.
Resolution for Issue 'how do i make a correction for an employee advance made by creating a regular hourly paycheck, but the reimbursement was done incorrectly?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
how do i make a correction for an employee advance made by creating a regular hourly paycheck, but the reimbursement was done incorrectly?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Customers
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Customers [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: