QB Issue Resolution:
Yes, you’ll have to create an expense and link it to the journal entry to match the bank transction. Once done, you can start linking it to the payroll data.
To accomplish this task, go to the Banking. Here’s how:
- On the left panel, click on the Banking tab and then pick Banking.
- In the Bank and Credit Cards section, select the account you’re working on.
- Go to the For Review column and look for the transaction.
- Once you find it, click the entry to open the complete details.
- Choose Expense for the transaction type and assign it to the Payroll Clearing account.
- Input Out of Scope for the tax code, then click on the ADD button.
Here’s a link with additional information on how to easily add and match journal entry to transactions from your online bank account.
Resolution for Issue 'How do i match a bank transaction for PAYROLL to the Journal Entry that was produce in my pay run? Do i need to create an expense and link it to the journal?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
How do i match a bank transaction for PAYROLL to the Journal Entry that was produce in my pay run? Do i need to create an expense and link it to the journal?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for bank transaction
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for bank transaction [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: