QB Issue Resolution:
If you entered the security deposit with an Expense or a Check, you can post the refund using a Bank Deposit. Here’s how:
1. Click the Plus icon and select Bank Deposit.
2. From the Bank Deposit screen, choose the bank where you want the amount to go to.
3. Scroll down to the Add funds to this deposit section.
4. On the Received From column, select your landlord.
5. Under Account column, choose the account you selected when you give the security deposit.
6. Enter Security Deposit Refund under Description.
7. The refund amount should go to the Amount column.
8. Hit Save and close.
Depositing the amount using the same account of the first entry will remove the balance under your landlord’s profile.
Resolution for Issue 'How do I record a security deposit refund from a landlord?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
How do I record a security deposit refund from a landlord?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for bank deposit
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for bank deposit [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: