QB Issue Resolution:
You can merge them by giving the one that doesn’t have the reconciliation the same name (It has to be the same type as well). QBO will ask if you want to merge the two accts.
Merging accounts is helpful if you’ve been using two similar accounts and wish to combine them into a single account.
Important: The merging process is not reversible. Merging is permanent and cannot be undone at a later point.
- Choose the Gear icon > Chart of Accounts.
- In the Action column, select Edit for the account you are keeping.
- Copy the Name, make note of the Detail Type and if the Is Sub-account option is marked. If sub-account is marked, make note of the parent account it is associated with.
- Click Cancel to return to the Chart of Accounts.
- Go to the account whose name you don’t want to use and click Edit in the Action column.
- Paste in the Name and make sure the Detail Type matches the account with which you’re merging.
- If these are sub-accounts, make sure they are associated with the same parent. If only one is a sub-account, make it a parent account by deselecting the Is Sub-account option.
- Click Save.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to merge the two accounts.
- Note: The account being merged will remain with a status of “deleted” until QuickBooks Online’s nightly processing removes them. Any transactions in the account being merged will be moved to the remaining account at the time the merge is processed.
There are accounts whose Type cannot be changed, or they cannot be merged into an existing account.
- One example is the Uncategorized Asset account. If a user who has Online Banking tries to change its Type to another type of an account, they will receive the following:
“Please correct the following errors: You can’t change the type of this account because it is reserved for the Online Banking feature.”
Since the system needs these accounts, you cannot delete or merge them with other accounts.
Merge should not be attempted for the following accounts:
- TDS Payable
- TDS Receivable
- Opening Balance Equity
- Retained Earnings
- Undeposited Funds
- Default Service Tax accounts
- Default VAT accounts
- Default CST accounts
- Default Service Income account
- Default tax accounts created when a Custom Tax Agency is created.
Also, if you’re merging two accounts and one has a symbol in the name, you’ll get an error. You need to change the account’s name to take out the symbol, and then try the merging process again.
If you are merging bank accounts that have reconciliation reports, these reports will be deleted from the account that has been merged. The reconcile status (R) will remain on the merged transactions though.
Resolution for Issue 'how do you combine the entries from two copies (AmEx credit card( of the same bank accunt' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
how do you combine the entries from two copies (AmEx credit card( of the same bank accunt: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Balance Equity
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Balance Equity [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: