QB Issue Resolution:
You can create a dummy (credit card) account and use it to record the expenses. Allow me to walk you through the steps on how to do it:
To create a dummy account
- Select Accounting in the left navigation menu.
- Click New.
- From the Account Type drop-down menu, choose Credit Card.
– You don’t need to specify the Detail Type since it’ll be entered as Credit Card by default.
- Name the account.
- Click Save and Close.
To enter the expense
- Click the Plus (+) icon.
- Select Expense.
- Fill in the appropriate details on the following fields:
– Payee: Enter the name of the vendor.
– Payment account: Make sure to select the dummy account you created.
– Payment date: Enter the date when the expense occurred.
– Category: Enter the correct expense account.
– Amount: Total amount of the purchase.
- Click Save and close.
Just a heads up, this method will affect your books, so I recommend that you seek additional guidance from an accounting professional. Every business is unique and they can make suggestions for handling those expenses. Our Intuit Find-A-ProAdvisor site allows you to find certified professionals in your local area that are sure to have the answers you’re looking for.
Resolution for Issue 'How do you enter expenses in QBO that were paid for by a personal credit card?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
How do you enter expenses in QBO that were paid for by a personal credit card?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Credit Card
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Credit Card [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: