QB Issue Resolution:
While we can’t set up vendor discounts for early bill payments, you have the option to create a discount item. Then, add it as a line item (negative amount) in the original bill so it’ll adjust the amount. Here’s how:
- Click the Gear icon in the upper-right hand corner.
- Click Products and Services.
- At the top right, select New.
- Select Non-inventory or Service type, then fill in the fields.
- In the Name field, enter Discount.
- In the Sales price/rate field, enter the discount amount as a negative.
- From the Income account drop-down, select the appropriate account.
- Make sure the Is Taxable is not checked.
- Click on Save and close.
You can also create a vendor credit and apply it on the bill payment. Please see this article for more details: Manage Vendor Credits.
Resolution for Issue 'How to apply discount on payments made to vendors ?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
How to apply discount on payments made to vendors ?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for payments
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for payments [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: