QB Issue Resolution:

1. yes

2. depends on Canadian tax law and if the increase in value is related to actual funds added to the account . Example: A. earned interest or dividend you add to the account value in QB. B. increased value in equities (stock or bond funds) no, you do not record in QB

3. see first part of 2. How did the value increase? Just because the fund value went up you do not record until funds are removed. Different scenario the fund value tanked – you can’t claim a loss until you dispose of the asset.

Resolution for Issue 'How to record unrealized investment gain?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.

How to record unrealized investment gain?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.

Support for Canadian tax
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!

Error Recovery for Canadian tax [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.

Get 50% off Quickbooks Online

Click Here for 50% off!

Additional Support Options: