QB Issue Resolution:
Note: For more information follow Article ID 10390 How do I create a backup using Sage 50 Accounting?, Article ID 38081 How to restore from a backup?, and Article ID 12998 I am unable to create or restore a backup, in Related Resources.
For best results, temporarily disable your antivirus software while following these steps.
Option I: To restore from a Sage 50—Canadian Edition backup (CAB file):
- Double-click on the Sage 50 Icon.
- If you see a “Welcome” screen: Choose the option Restore from backup.
- Select OK.
- Go to step 4 below.
If you do not see a “Welcome” screen:
- Open a different Sage 50 file or if necessary, the sample company.
- With Windows Vista, 7 or 8, the sample company (Universl) is located under C:UsersPublicPublic DocumentsSimply20xxSamdata
- With Windows XP, the sample company (Universl) is located under C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersShared DocumentsSimply20xxSamdata
- Once inside the Sage 50 file, click File, Restore.
- The Restore from Backup wizard will appear: select Next
Note: If your backup is stored on an external storage (Disc, Flash Drive, External Hard Drive…), please connect it and click Next.
- Select Browse.
- Browse to the directory where the backup file is saved, select your backup file, then select Open.
- C:accounting data
- C:users<the username on this machine>DocumentsSimply (on Windows Vista, 7, 8)
- C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersShared DocumentsSimply (on Windows XP)
- Enter a name for the new file and click Save.
- Do not overwrite an existing file unless you know for certain that you want to.
- Select Next.
- Select Finish.
Option II: How to restore a folder to a previous version with Windows 7 or 8:
- This method is only recommended if you do not have a backup (CAB file) available.
- Open the directory where your Sage 50 Data file is located.
- Right-click on the Sage 50 .SAJ data folder.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Previous Versions tab. If this option is not showing, then the feature has not been enabled in your Windows Operating System. You will not be able to use this feature.
- If a previous version (Window’s restore point) has been found, it will be displayed here.
- Select a previous version of the file and copy the file to a new location.
- Close the window.
- Copy the .SAI file to the new location.
- Open company file and verify that this is the correct file that you want to use
Resolution for Issue 'How to restore from a backup?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
How to restore from a backup?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for CAB file
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for CAB file [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: