QB Issue Resolution:
Currently, there isn’t a way to permanently remove the “(deleted)” word beside an inactivated account. As an alternative, there are two options on how you can permanently remove the deleted subcategory in the program. Doing so will completely remove it from your reports.
First, you’ll have to reactivate the incorrect subcategory. Then, merge it into another account by changing its name to exactly match the correct subcategory name. Let me guide you how.
To undelete the subcategory:
- Go to Accounting from the left menu.
- Select Chart of Accounts.
- Click the Settings (Gear) icon beside the Print list button.
- Mark Include inactive under Other.
- Locate the account.
- Choose Make Active from the Actions column.
The screenshot below shows you the steps.
To merge the account:
- In the Chart of Accounts window, find the subcategory you just made active.
- From the Actions column, select Edit in the View register drop-down.
- Update the account name. It must be exactly the same as the account you are merging it with.
- Click Save and Close.
- Choose Yes to confirm.
See the screenshots below to show you the steps.
Second, you’ll have to delete the transactions associated with the subcategory or move them into another account. I’ll guide you how.
- Locate the subcategory you just made active.
- From the Actions column, choose Run Report in the View register drop-down.
- The Accounts QuickReport opens. Set the Report period to All Dates, then click Run report.
- Select each transaction, then either delete it or move it to a different account.
- Repeat the process for the other transactions.
For detailed instructions, see the Completely remove deleted accounts from reports section through this article: Remove Deleted Accounts.
If you have an extensive chart of accounts, you can organize them by turning on the account numbers feature in the settings. Then, assign them to your accounts. This helps you quickly find them in the Chart of Accounts page. To learn more about this process, check out this article: Keeping Accounts In Order.
I’m here anytime you have other concerns. Have a great day, @mjj5280.
Resolution for Issue 'I accidently deleted a subcategory instead of just renaming it. How can I remove the subcategory so it doesn’t permanently say the name and (deleted)?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
I accidently deleted a subcategory instead of just renaming it. How can I remove the subcategory so it doesn’t permanently say the name and (deleted)?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for QBO
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for QBO [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: