QB Issue Resolution:

Here are also some steps for you to get the partial payments recorded to one invoice:

  1. Click the Plus icon.
  2. Choose Receive Payment.
  3. Enter the customer name.
  4. Select the invoice by putting a check mark.
  5. On the Payment column, enter the partial payment amount (see screenshot).
  6. Click Save and close.

    Another way would be to click Receive Payment in front of the invoice itself, all the details will already filled to the payment and you would need just to correct the payment amount. Then you will be able to see partially paid invoice in the Customer transactions list (Sales->Customers -> Search for Customer name).

Hope that helps too!

Resolution for Issue 'I am new to Quickbooks Online and the estimate, invoice and payment process. I am hoping someone can explain how to navigate this for my small business. I created an estimate and can send it to my client. Often they want changes and I am comfortable making edits and resending to them for finalization. Once the estimate is final, I can click “Create Invoice” to move it from estimate to invoice. I have an event design business, so the first payment is 25% of the total amount and the remainder is due two weeks prior to the event date. Question 1: Quickbooks prompts me for “invoice full amount”, “invoice 50% per line” or “custom amount per line”. I am thinking I need to select “invoice full amount” and advise the client to only pay 25% or do I select “custom amount per line” and send only a 25% of the invoice as the amount due? If I do the latter, do I issue the invoice again at a later date for the remaining 75% of the invoice? Question 2: Sometimes clients will make multiple partial payments towards the invoice. Once received, how do I record partial payment against the outstanding invoice? If I then resend the invoice to them, will it show payments already made and amount outstanding? Thanks!' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.

I am new to Quickbooks Online and the estimate, invoice and payment process. I am hoping someone can explain how to navigate this for my small business. I created an estimate and can send it to my client. Often they want changes and I am comfortable making edits and resending to them for finalization. Once the estimate is final, I can click “Create Invoice” to move it from estimate to invoice. I have an event design business, so the first payment is 25% of the total amount and the remainder is due two weeks prior to the event date. Question 1: Quickbooks prompts me for “invoice full amount”, “invoice 50% per line” or “custom amount per line”. I am thinking I need to select “invoice full amount” and advise the client to only pay 25% or do I select “custom amount per line” and send only a 25% of the invoice as the amount due? If I do the latter, do I issue the invoice again at a later date for the remaining 75% of the invoice? Question 2: Sometimes clients will make multiple partial payments towards the invoice. Once received, how do I record partial payment against the outstanding invoice? If I then resend the invoice to them, will it show payments already made and amount outstanding? Thanks!: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.

Support for Explain estimate
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!

Error Recovery for Explain estimate [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.

Get 50% off Quickbooks Online

Click Here for 50% off!

Additional Support Options: