QB Issue Resolution:
Yes, contractors earned above the threshold should get a 1099 and the contractors’ name will show up when preparing the form. Since one of your contractors doesn’t show up correctly, you need to map the accounts used for the transactions of that contractor.
Here are the detailed steps:
- Tap on Workers at the left pane, then select Contractors.
- Click on Print 1099s.
- Select Continue your 1099s.
- On the Accounts section, put a check-mark on Box 7: Nonemployee Compensation.
- Choose the accounts used by clicking the drop-down arrow beside Multiple Accounts. (Map the accounts correctly.)
- Hit on Next.
- Review your contractors’ information, then Next.
- The vendors/contractors that meet the threshold will now show up under the Check that the payments add up page.
- Choose either to Save and finish later or Finish preparing 1099s.
That should help you prepare 1099 correctly. For additional reference, you can check out these articles:
- Prepare and file Federal 1099s using QuickBooks Online
- New QuickBooks Online Features Ideal for Clients Who Have 1099 Contractors
Resolution for Issue 'I am ready to do the 1099s but one of my contractors doesn’t show up correctly. The 1099 box is checked and he earned more than $600. Any suggestions?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
I am ready to do the 1099s but one of my contractors doesn’t show up correctly. The 1099 box is checked and he earned more than $600. Any suggestions?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for 1099 report
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for 1099 report [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: