QB Issue Resolution:
Updated (11/3/2015) – Our engineers are still working with Citibank to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience.
We are aware of an issue that is impacting QuickBooks Online users who are unable to connect their Citibank Business Checking accounts. These users are reporting that attempts to update their accounts in QuickBooks Online are resulting in an error 102.
If you are being impacted by this issue, let us know and please follow this article for updates.
We know how important it is to be able to get your transactions in a timely manner and our engineers are currently working with Citibank to resolve the issue. While we would recommend waiting until the issue is resolved, in the meantime you can continue to access your transactions by performing a WebConnect session. However, it is important to note that once this issue is resolved, if you have used a WebConnect session there is the possibility that your next update with Chase will result in duplicate transactions which you would need to delete or exclude.
To upload bank transactions:
1. Sign in to your bank’s website and download a valid WebConnect file
2. Save the WebConnect file to your computer, making sure to take note of where you save it to.
3. Open up QuickBooks Online and sign in to your account.
4. Click on Transactions from the navbar on the left of the screen and select Banking.
5. Click on the “Update” drop-down in the upper right and choose Upload.
6. Click the “Browse” button and navigate to the WebConnect file you saved on your computer.
7. Once you have selected the WebConnect file, click Next.
8. From the drop-down menu, select the bank or card account to upload the transactions to and click Next. If you don’t have an account set up yet, click “Add New” in the drop-down list to add an account.
9. If you have chosen a .CSV file to upload, select the columns in the .CSV file that match the QuickBooks banking fields. Click Next when you are done.
10. Click Finish to return to the Banking page and begin reviewing your transactions for acceptance into QuickBooks.
• Valid WebConnect files are:
o .qbo (QuickBooks)
o .qfx (Quicken)
o .ofx (MS Money)
o .csv (MS Excel)
• If you attempt to upload a file of the wrong format, you will get an error message saying “The uploaded file isn’t a valid WebConnect file.”
• The maximum file size is 350 KB. To check the file size, right click on the file in File Explorer and choose Properties.
• If the oldest transaction in your uploaded file is dated prior to the opening balance date in the register, the opening balance and date will change. This may result in a duplicate opening balance entry.
For more information and common questions about uploading bank files, please see our WebConnect FAQ for more details.
Resolution for Issue 'I am trying to update my Citibusiness Checking Online transactions to my corresponding QuickBooks Online account and I’m unable to; instead, I’m getting a 102 error.' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
I am trying to update my Citibusiness Checking Online transactions to my corresponding QuickBooks Online account and I’m unable to; instead, I’m getting a 102 error.: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for 102 error
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for 102 error [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: