QB Issue Resolution:
We can go back to the payment that links the credit memo and the affected invoice. We just need to make sure that the Payment date is 2019.
First, we’ll need to locate the affected invoice. There are many ways to look for the invoice. We can use reports, the Search option, the Sales Transactions page, or go to the customer profile. For me, I’ll use the Sales Transactions page to locate the invoice.
- Click Sales on the left menu and go to the All Sales tab.
- Click the Filter button and select Invoices in the Type field.
- Select Paid in the Status field and enter the date range (specific date range if possible).
- Select the customer name in the Customer field.
- Click Apply.
Once we’ve found the invoice, we’ll ensure that the date of the associated payments are correct.
- Click to open the invoice.
- On the upper-right side of the Invoice page, click the 1 payment made hyperlink.
- Click the payment date hyperlink. It will open the Receive Payment page.
- Make sure the Payment date is set to 2019 and click Save and close.
- Select Yes to confirm the action.
You don’t need to necessarily reverse the created payment as long as the Payment date is correct. Otherwise, you’ll need to delete the payment and recreate the correct one.
Meanwhile, we can pull up a quick report for the bad debt account to see the transactions you’ve associated to it.
- Click Accounting on the left menu and go to the Chart of Accounts tab.
- Search for the bad debt account and click Run report.
Resolution for Issue 'I am unable to trace my written off invoices? Where can I see the list of previously written off invoices? Also is it possible to write off last year’s invoice 2018 as if it happened in 2019? If I can’t, how can I undo the written off-invoice? Thank you for the help' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
I am unable to trace my written off invoices? Where can I see the list of previously written off invoices? Also is it possible to write off last year’s invoice 2018 as if it happened in 2019? If I can’t, how can I undo the written off-invoice? Thank you for the help: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Invoice
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Invoice [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: