QB Issue Resolution:
Allow me to help provide some information on how to process an old invoice in QuickBooks Online.
Since your old invoice is already a non-collectible, you need to write it off and declare it as a bad debt to clear the invoice out of your accounts receivable and reduce your net profit by its amount.
First, let’s review your Accounts Receivable Aging Detail report:
- From the left menu, select Reports.
- In the Search bar, enter Accounts Receivable Aging.
- Select the Accounts Receivable Aging Detail report from the results to review your outstanding accounts receivable.
To begin the process, you’ll need to create an account for bad debts:
- Select the Gear icon.
- Under Your Company, select Chart of Accounts.
- Select New.
- In the Account dialog, from the Account Type drop-down list, select Expenses.
- From the Detail Type drop-down list, select Bad Debts.
- In the Name field, enter Bad Debt.
- Select Save and close.
Once an expense account is create, you can now create a non-product or service item to identify the bad debt. To do this, you can check this article and scroll-down to Step 3: How to write off bad debt.
If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Online Support Team to do a screen-share.
Here’s how to contact customer support:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
- Select Help (question mark icon) at the top right.
- Select Contact us to connect with a live support agent.
Resolution for Issue 'I have 3 old invoices from 2018 (already closed out) that I want to delete or apply credit memo to.' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
I have 3 old invoices from 2018 (already closed out) that I want to delete or apply credit memo to.: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Credit Memo
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Credit Memo [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: