QB Issue Resolution:
Let me help you inactivate an account in your chart of accounts in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
In QBO, inactivating accounts means deleting them. If they contain transactions, they remain part of your company records. You can run a report anytime for the deleted accounts.
To delete an account:
- Go to Accounting, then Chart of Accounts.
- Look for the account you want to delete, then click the drop down arrow in the Action column on the right.
- Select Delete.
- Click Yes.
You can restore the account back when you need it in the future. Here’s how:
- Go to Gear icon, then select Chart of Accounts.
- Click on the Settings icon on the upper right hand side of the Chart of Account.
- Place a check in the box to Include inactive.
- Click on the Account you want to un-delete to highlight it.
- In the Action column on the right, click Make Active.
You can visit this article for detailed information: Can I make an account inactive or archive it?.
Resolution for Issue 'I need to streamline the current chart of accounts in Quickbooks Online. I want to inactivate numerous accounts, however, not delete them. How do I do this? Thanks!' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
I need to streamline the current chart of accounts in Quickbooks Online. I want to inactivate numerous accounts, however, not delete them. How do I do this? Thanks!: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for company records
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for company records [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: