QB Issue Resolution:
Let’s get to the bottom of this and make sure you’re able to correct the bank balance, then finish reconciling.
Are you seeing a zero amount starting balance when doing a reconciliation? If so, the inability to match the beginning balance in QuickBooks Online with your bank statement is called beginning balance discrepancy.
There are several different reasons why it occurs on your company file. You can check out the What causes a beginning balance discrepancy? section of this article to learn more about them:
To fix this, you need to perform a single reconcile using the ending balance of your last reconciled bank statement. Make sure not to enter any interests or fees prior to saving the data.
- Go to the Gear icon, then Reconcile.
- From the Reconcile screen, verify that the beginning balance is zero ($0).
- Enter the Ending balance of the last reconciled bank statement.
- Click OK.
- Once you see the list of transactions and balances to be reconciled, look at the difference and see if the number is zero.
- If it is, choose Reconcile Now.
- If the difference is not zero, pick Unmark All and place a check in Hide transaction after the statement End date.
- Choose Mark All and use the reconciliation report from QuickBooks Online to remove the check from transactions that were not cleared as of the last reconcile.
- Click Reconcile Now.
Here’s an article with the detailed steps:
That’s it! You should now be able to correct the bank balance.
Resolution for Issue 'If the bank balance is wrong, how can I fix it?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
If the bank balance is wrong, how can I fix it?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for bank balance
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for bank balance [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: