QB Issue Resolution:
Welcome to the Community. I’d be happy to show you how to stop this tax from deducting from your employee’s paycheck.
There are just a few steps to remove this deduction. Here’s how:
1. Click the Workers tab in the left navigation bar.
2. Make sure Employees is selected at the top of the page, and then choose the employee from the list.
3. This will open the employee profile. Click the small pencil icon beside of Pay.
4. You’ll see numbers 1-5 on the left of the page. Number 4 is the section for deductions. Locate the FICA tax and click the trash can icon to the right.
5. You’ll be asked if you want to delete the deduction. Click Yes to continue.
This article offers additional details on adding, editing, and deleting payroll deductions: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1771033-add-edit-and-delete-a-payroll-deduction-item.
Resolution for Issue 'My company hire an F-1 OPT student and they do not need to pay FICA tax (Social Security and Medicare). So I would like to stop the deduction this tax out of their paycheck. How can I do that?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
My company hire an F-1 OPT student and they do not need to pay FICA tax (Social Security and Medicare). So I would like to stop the deduction this tax out of their paycheck. How can I do that?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for add edit and delete a payroll deduction item
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for add edit and delete a payroll deduction item [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: