QB Issue Resolution:
I’m happy to provide you the difference between disconnecting and deleting a bank account.
When you disconnect an account:
- It stays active in QuickBooks Online (QBO) but you stop QBO from getting your transactions from your bank.
- You can reconnect the account later.
- The transactions in your For Review tab will be deleted. You’ll want to add the transactions before disconnecting an account.
When you delete an account from QBO:
- The account will be made inactive in QBO.
- If the account has a non-zero balance, QBO will make an adjusting transaction.
- Although you can make a deleted account active again, you may need to make corrections to journal entries and balances.
To disconnect an account:
- Select Banking then Banking.
- Click the Edit icon on the account you want to change.
- In the Account window, check the Disconnect this account on save box.
- Click Save and Close.
To delete an account:
- Click the Gear icon at the top, choose Chart of Accounts.
- Find the account you want to delete in the list.
- In the Action drop-down, select Delete.
- Confirm that you want to delete the account.
You’ll want to consult with your accountant if you’re unsure whether to disconnect or delete a bank account.
Check out this article for more helpful details: Disconnect or delete an account.
Please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below if there’s anything else you need help with. I’m always ready to assist.
Resolution for Issue 'One of bank account is no longer used but I need to keep old transaction in Quick Book. Is it deactivate (disconnect) this bank account? Or delete this bank account?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
One of bank account is no longer used but I need to keep old transaction in Quick Book. Is it deactivate (disconnect) this bank account? Or delete this bank account?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Banking
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Banking [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: