QB Issue Resolution:
Details: The message that is displayed when opening the paystub is: ‘Paystub__from_<Company Name>’ is protected. Please enter a Document Open Password.
The password protection was first introduced to increase the security of employee information in QuickBooks 2010 and Enterprise 9.0 release R1.
Note: This feature cannot be disabled due to employee privacy issues.
Additional Note: This feature is only available for paystubs – not any other type of form or report in QuickBooks. If you wish to password to protect any other type of form, that must be done using another program.
The password used will be:
- The first three characters of the employee last name. If name is shorter than 3 characters, use the whole last name (do not append the first name to it). These three characters are always lower case. The only time an employee’s password would contain an uppercase character is if the first character of the employee’s last name was an extended character. QuickBooks does not convert extended characters to lowercase
- The last three digits of the SIN
- Any non-alpha character is removed from the last name (no dash, space, etc) when building the password.
The following are examples:
- The password for Ben Narramore with SIN 111-111-118 would be nar118
- The password for Deb D’Spain with SIN 222-222-226 would be dsp226
- The password for Jimmy Wu with SIN 333-333-334 would be wu334
Basic troubleshooting steps:
- Check employee name setup for non-alpha characters or spaces.
- Was the employee name or social insurance number edited since the pay stub was emailed? (The password is created and encrypted the moment the email is sent).
- Attempt this process with a different employee and see if you get the same results.
- Resubmit the pay stub.
- If all else fails, delete and recreate the paycheck and attempt again.
Resolution for Issue 'Password requirements change emailing paystubs and other forms from QuickBooks to employees' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Password requirements change emailing paystubs and other forms from QuickBooks to employees: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for employees
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for employees [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: