QB Issue Resolution:

Creating a new category for employee payments is currently not available in QuickBooks Self-Employed. Only QuickBooks Online and Desktop have the feature to track W-2 wages. However, both versions do not have an option to file Schedule C.


You might want to temporarily put wages under Other Business Expenses. Then, manually enter the amounts under Wages and Income in TurboTax after exporting your data from QBSE . You can reach out to our TurboTax Support for more details. Here’s the link: https://ttlc.intuit.com.


I will send your feedback about tracking wages in QBSE to our product engineers. It will be collated, together with other customer’s suggestions,  and see if they can use them on future updates.

Resolution for Issue 'QBSE and Employee Expenses' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.

QBSE and Employee Expenses: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.

Support for QuickBooks SelfEmployed
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!

Error Recovery for QuickBooks SelfEmployed [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.

Get 50% off Quickbooks Online

Click Here for 50% off!

Additional Support Options: