QB Issue Resolution:
I can help you repay your employee’s business-related expenses.
You can create a non-taxable reimbursement item then add assign the correct expense account for the repayment. Once done, you can now add the item to your employee’s paycheck. Let me guide you through the process:
Step 1: Add a new payroll item.
- Click the Lists menu.
- Choose Payroll Item List.
- Right-click anywhere and select New.
- Choose Custom Setup and click Next.
- Select the Addition item type, and select Next.
- Enter the name of the item and click Next.
- On the Expense account window, choose the correct account you’d like to reflect in your P&L report.
- Click Next.
- Set the Tax Tracking type to None so that the amounts do not report on tax forms, select Next.
- Select Next.
- Click Neither and click Next.
- Choose to calculate on net pay, select Next.
- (Optional) Enter a Default Rate, select Finish.
Step 2: Add the item to your employee’c paycheck.
- Go to the Employees menu.
- Choose Pay Employees.
- Select Unscheduled Payroll.
- Click the employee name and select Open Paycheck Detail.
- If you aren’t processing the regular payroll, remove all the Earnings items.
- Add the reimbursement item on the Other Payroll Items section. (Please see screenshot)
- Click Save & Close.
- Choose Continue.
- Select Create Paychecks.
That should get things done for you, bspeed. Please check out this article to know more about adding a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item: Create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
Resolution for Issue 'Repay employee for expense' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Repay employee for expense: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Payroll item
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Payroll item [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: