QB Issue Resolution:
Creating a sales tax adjustment can help keep your record in order. I have a few easy steps on how to accomplish this task.
- Go to the Vendors menu, then scroll to the middle and choose Sales Tax.
- Select Adjust Sales Tax Due.
- In the Sales Tax Adjustment window, enter the correct Adjustment Date.
- From the Sales Tax Vendor drop-down, choose the correct sales tax agency.
- For the Adjustment Account, select the expense account used to track the penalty and interest. If you haven’t created one, follow the steps in this link and go directly to the Common Chart of Accounts tasks section.
- Mark the radio-button for Increase Sales Tax by and input the actual penalty in the Amount field.
- Click on OK.
Check out the Process sales tax adjustment article for more information. The added amount should now be included in the sales tax liability.
Resolution for Issue 'Sales Tax Penalty and Interest' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Sales Tax Penalty and Interest: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Sales Tax
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Sales Tax [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: