QB Issue Resolution:
Are you trying to download your bank transactions? If so, may I asked which bank are you getting the error with? This way, I can check if there are any open investigations about it.
The QuickBooks Error 179 occurs when you log in to the bank’s website and you’re unable to download your data. For now, as an initial step, let’s try to manually update your account to refresh the connection between your bank and QuickBooks Online.
- From the left menu, select Banking.
- On the Banking page, select Update.
- If prompted, enter your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials and select Continue update.You must enter these credentials within 2 minutes of being prompted.
The following recommended articles will help you resolve the issue as well:
- What to do if bank transactions won’t download.
- How to upload more than 90 days of bank transactions.
If the problem persists, I’d recommend reaching out to our QuickBooks Online Support for further investigation. To reach us, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Company.
- Click (?) Help at the upper right corner.
- Select Contact US on the pop-up.
- Enter a brief description of your concern then hit Continue.
- Click Get a callback.
- Enter your contact information.
- Select Call me.
Resolution for Issue 'Something isn’t working (179)' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Something isn’t working (179): this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for contact information
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for contact information [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: