QB Issue Resolution:
I’d be happy to help share some insights about the penny difference in your State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) tax payment.
QuickBooks Desktop has annualized tax calculation feature to correct the year-to-date amounts for the flat-rate payroll taxes like the SUI.
This feature adjusts small rounding discrepancies and helps fix errors caused by any of the following:
- Incorrect setup of YTD transactions
- Paychecks that were incorrectly edited manually
- SUI rate change
To match the payment what was withdrawn from your bank, we can create a liability adjustment to resolve this. To start, let’s delete the check under Payment History. By the way, there’s no check number on a liability check if the status is To Print.
- From the Employees menu, select Payroll Center.
- Click the Pay Liabilities tab.
- Under Payment History, click the All Payments tab.
- Double-click the liability check.
- Click the Delete icon.
- Select OK.
After that, the liability check will show again under Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities. Let’s create now the liability adjustment.
- From the Employees menu, select Payroll Taxes and Liabilities.
- Select Adjust Payroll Liabilities.
- The Date and the Effective Date should be the same date as the last paycheck of the affected quarter or the last day of the fourth quarter.
- Select Company Adjustment.
- Select the payroll item and enter a negative amount (-0.01) to decrease the amount of the liability.
- Click Accounts Affected.
- Select either Do not affect accounts or Affect liability and expense accounts.
- Continue to click OK to close the window.
After that, you can recreate the liability check. Remove the check in the To be printed box and enter the check number.
For more information about this, I recommend checking the articles below:
For additional help, you can also reach out to our Payroll Support. They have the tools to walk you through the steps and to get this resolved quickly.
- Go to https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=16.
- Select your Payroll Subscription type.
- Click Payroll.
- Click on the View Contact Info button to get their contact number.
These resources should help to get you on the right track for correcting your liability check and match the bank feeds.
Resolution for Issue 'State Unemployment Insurance Q4 online report / payment off by $0.01 from what is in QB Enhanced Payroll?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
State Unemployment Insurance Q4 online report / payment off by $0.01 from what is in QB Enhanced Payroll?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Payroll
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Payroll [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: