QB Issue Resolution:
Thanks for letting us know that you’ve already contacted our support team about the missing Split button (credit card account). Let me share some information about why you’re unable to see this feature.
This has been reported as an ongoing issue in QuickBooks Online. Our product engineers are working towards finding a permanent fix for the problem.
I still suggest following the workaround provided by our chat support agents. This way, you’ll be able to split the transactions.
- Go to the Accounting menu on the left panel to choose Chart of Accounts.
- On the All Lists page, select your credit card account.
- Hit the View register link under the Action column.
- From the list, click on the transaction you’re working on to expand the line.
- Tap the Edit button to see more details about the entry.
- Enter the other accounts to add with the amount and make sure the number for each account should add up to the total amount of the transaction.
- Press the Save button to keep the changes.
To keep you updated about the progress of the investigation, sign up to the list of affected users. I’m unable to perform the process without asking for sensitive data, so I recommend contacting our QBO Care Team.
One of our specialists will add the information in a secure environment. To get in touch with them, follow these steps.
- Go to the Help icon at the top to select the Contact Us link.
- This will open another window where you can enter the issue/topic.
- Once done, click on the Let’s talk button to view the support information.
- Select any of the following options: Start messaging or Get a callback.
- Provide this number: INV-43720.
Rest assured, I’ll update this thread once more is available about the investigation.
For future reference, let me share this link containing lists of articles that will help grow your business: QuickBooks Resource Center.
I appreciate your patience while working through this. Please know I’m always ready to help and make sure you’re taken care of. Have a good one.
Resolution for Issue 'The split button shows up fine for my checking account but does not show for my credit card. (it did a couple months ago). Only the Details and Add button are there under For Review area. When I click on DETAILS I get an error on each transaction… Something’s not quite right An unexpected error occurred while accessing or saving your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact customer support.' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
The split button shows up fine for my checking account but does not show for my credit card. (it did a couple months ago). Only the Details and Add button are there under For Review area. When I click on DETAILS I get an error on each transaction… Something’s not quite right An unexpected error occurred while accessing or saving your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact customer support.: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Banking
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Banking [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: