QB Issue Resolution:
Duplicate transactions can happen for a few reasons:
- A bank rule is set up for Auto-Categorize and Auto-Add. This option will automatically add all un-reviewed and future transactions that match the rule to your register.
- Another person created the transactions.
Let’s check to see if there’s a bank rule created with Auto-Add by following these steps:
- On the left panel, click Banking.
- Click the Rules tab.
- Under Auto-Add columns, you will see a green icon.
- You can edit the rule and choose the Auto-Categorize and Manually Review option.
- Click Save.
This is a sample screenshot on how it looks like.
You can also find more information about bank rules in this article: How to set and use banking rules for downloaded transactions.
To see if another person created the transactions, we can run the Audit Log report.
- Click the Gear icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Under Tools, click Audit Log.
- Click the Filter drop-down list.
- Select All Users from the User drop-down menu.
- Choose the Date, and under Events, check the Transactions box.
- Select All Transactions, and choose the bank account from the Using drop-down menu.
- Click Apply.
To delete the duplicate transactions, here’s an article for reference: Void or delete an invoice, bill, or other transactions.
Resolution for Issue 'There were duplicate transactions in my client’s bank accounts (not in the banking screen, in the register) and I deleted them. They keep coming back! Help!' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
There were duplicate transactions in my client’s bank accounts (not in the banking screen, in the register) and I deleted them. They keep coming back! Help!: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for bank accounts
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for bank accounts [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: