QB Issue Resolution:
Thanks for your screenshots. I’ll join in this thread to help you create a refund check for your customer in QuickBooks for Mac 2019.
On the payment screen, please click the OK button to save the customer’s overpayment.
When refunding money to a customer, you’ll first have to create a credit memo and then write a refund check.
You can follow the steps I’ve laid out below:
To create a credit memo:
- Select Customers, then choose Create Credit Memos/Refunds.
- Click the Create a Credit Memo option on the left panel or click the plus sign icon + at the bottom of the list.
- Enter the needed information for the credit memo, and click Save.
To write a refund check:
- Open the credit memo you want to use for the refund.
- Click the Refund button at the top of the window.
- Make sure all the information on the check is correct.
- Leave Accounts Receivable as the account in the detail area of the refund check. This ensures that QuickBooks will account for the credit and refund correctly.
- Click OK.
Once done, you’ll need to connect the refund check to the credit memo so that QuickBooks can track the transaction correctly.
Here’s how to connect the refund check to the credit memo:
- Select Customers, then choose Receive Payments.
- Choose the customer to whom you just wrote the refund check. You’ll see the amount of the credit included in the Existing Credits field and the refund check at the bottom section of the window.
- Select the Apply Existing Credits check box.
- On the Refund Chk line, enter the check amount in the Payment column, then click OK.
- Choose Customers, then select Create Credit Memos/Refunds to display the credit memo you just entered and click Tx History. You should see the refund check listed in the Transaction History – Credit memo window.
You can check out the QuickBooks for Mac 2019 User’s Guide for the detailed steps. Just press Command and F, then enter Refund to locate the Creating a credit memo and refund section.
Resolution for Issue 'This is a Quickbooks Mac Desktop 2019 question. Client has 5 outstanding invoices totaling $455 Received a check from client in the amount of $555 If I accept the payment client will have a credit in the amount of $100 How do I refund the $100 credit to the client?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
This is a Quickbooks Mac Desktop 2019 question. Client has 5 outstanding invoices totaling $455 Received a check from client in the amount of $555 If I accept the payment client will have a credit in the amount of $100 How do I refund the $100 credit to the client?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for payments
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for payments [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: