QB Issue Resolution:
I can walk you through changing the status of your employee to unpaid leave of absence.
There isn’t a need to change the employee’s annual salary to $0. All you need to do is enter the leave of absence details in the Employment Info section.
- Go to Employees in the top menu bar, then select Employee Center.
- Right-click the employee name and choose Edit Employee.
- Select the Employment Info tab on the left pane.
- Click the Leave of Absence tab at the top (see screenshot below).
- In the Leave Dates section, enter July 1, 2018 in the Start Date field.
- Enter December 31, 2018 in the Expected Return Date field.
- Re-enter December 31, 2018 in the Actual Return Date field.
- In the Leave Pay section, select No in the Leave Paid.
- (Optional) Enter Leave Details, then click Ok.
Just a reminder, the employee’s name will still show when you run payroll for the other employees. If you don’t want it to show, you can temporarily make the employee inactive.
To do that:
- Go to Employees, then select Employee Center.
- Select the employee name.
- In the Edit Employee window, put a check mark in the Employee is inactive checkbox.
- Click OK (see the second screenshot below).
When the employee comes back you can make them active by removing the check mark in the Employee is Inactive checkbox.
Resolution for Issue 'unpaid leave for salaried employee' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
unpaid leave for salaried employee: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Actual Return
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Actual Return [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: