QB Issue Resolution:
Voiding a transaction in another period
Answer ID: 6202
To void a transaction from another period:
- Open or Edit the transaction that needs to be voided
- At the bottom of the transaction, click on More and select Transaction Journal
- Print the report
- Choose Create(+)icon >Journal Entry
- Input the date you wish to show the transaction as reversed
- Use the printed Transaction Journal report to enter the journal entry to reverse the debit and credit effect of the original transaction
- Click Save
This will reverse the original transaction without removing it from your records.
If this is a bank transaction make sure to clear the original and reversing entry through the account register, or make a note to do so during the next reconcile. Once these steps are done you will have a check and a journal entry that cancel each other out. These two transactions can be reconciled with the next reconciliation since together they add up to zero and do not change the balance.
To clear the transactions on the Register:
- Choose Transactions > Chart of Accounts
- Choose the appropriate bank account. and click View Register
- Find the original transaction
- Double click in the space under the Reconcile Status column (the column with the checkmark above it) for that transaction. (Clicking once will open the transaction for editing. Clicking again will put a C, for cleared, in the Reconcile Status column.)
- Click Save
- Repeat steps 1-5 to clear the reversing entry
|Products||QuickBooks Online Simple Start (H)|
|QuickBooks Online Essentials (H)|
|QuickBooks Online Plus (H)|
|Categories||Using This Product|
|Date Created||04/25/2014 06:58 AM|
|Date Updated||04/01/2015 02:35 PM|
Resolution for Issue 'Voiding a transaction in another period' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Voiding a transaction in another period: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for a transaction
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for a transaction [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: