QB Issue Resolution:
Allow me to help and provide some insights about pre-printed form for W-2.
You can use a pre-printed or different form as long as it is scannable and the online version of it. For more information about W-2 filing instructions, you can check this website: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw2.pdf.
Once you already have the scannable form, here’s how you can print W-2 in QuickBooks Desktop:
- At the top menu bar, click Employees.
- Go to Payroll Center.
- Select File Forms tab.
- Click View/Print forms & W-2s.
- Enter Payroll PIN.
- Click OK.
- Go to the W-2 page. If you do not see a list of employees, click View/Print W-2 forms for all years.
- If prompted, select View Reprints.
- Click Continue.
- When Adobe Reader opens the W-2 form, print it on the correct perforated paper.
For additional reference, you can check this article: How to reprint or replace employee W-2 forms.
If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Support. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session.
- Click this link: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=16.
- Select your payroll subscription.
- Choose Payroll for the topic.
- Click View Contact Info to get the phone number.
Resolution for Issue 'W2' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
W2: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for payroll subscription
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for payroll subscription [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: