QB Issue Resolution:
If you’re trying to change the opening balance it will not change the history of the downloaded transaction in your QuickBooks Online account.
When you download a bank statement, the date range that will be included is just for the 90 days transaction. However, if you want to download the older bank statement you can use web connect which is you manually download your bank statement into your QuickBooks Online account. Here’s how:
Step 1: Pick a date range
To prevent duplicate transaction, make sure you don’t import an existing transaction that is already recorded in QuickBooks, you’ll need to get the date for the oldest transaction in your account.
- Go to the Gear icon, then select Chart of Accounts.
- Look for the bank or credit card account you want to upload more transactions into, then click the View register on the account section.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list.
- Write down the date of the oldest transaction.
Step 2: Download transactions from your bank
- Sign in to your bank or credit card’s website.
- Follow the bank’s instructions on how to download transactions to your computer. Some banks call this WebConnect.
- Make sure to filter the date range for the download is at least one day before your oldest transaction.
- Download your transactions.
- Save the file somewhere you can easily find it.
For more steps, you can visit this link: Manually upload transactions into QuickBooks Online.
I’ve also added an article that will help fix your opening balance in your QuickBooks Online account:
- Fix beginning balance issues during your first reconciliation in QuickBooks Online
- Fix beginning balance issues if you’ve reconciled the account in the past QuickBooks Online
Resolution for Issue 'Why didn’t older transactions appear in the “for review” section when I changed my opening balance/date to reflect 2019?' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Why didn’t older transactions appear in the “for review” section when I changed my opening balance/date to reflect 2019?: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Banking
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Banking [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Additional Support Options: